Breakthrough Prayer Initiative
Sue Nilson Kibbey writes in her book, Floodgates, that a “Breakthrough Prayer Initiative” is “when God’s people join together in an intentional prayer movement across all ages to simply and repeatedly pray – either silently or aloud – asking God to break through in new and miraculous ways:
– in my personal life
– in the individual lives of those in our congregation
– in our church collectively
– to use me, and to use us together for unimagined new purposes on behalf of Christ
– to break through anything that might hold us back, including resistant thinking and negative attitudes.”
Cassville UMC’s Breakthrough Prayer Initiative includes but is not limited to the following:
1. The 601 Prayer text using the Remind format. If you are interested in receiving weekly prayer texts let Pastor Andy know and he can get you set up on the Remind 601 list.
2. The 6:01 one sentence Breakthrough Prayer – set the alarm on your cell phone for either 6:01am or 6:01pm. When it goes off say a quick one sentence Breakthrough prayer.
3. Weekly prayer walking during the Advent season. Every Tuesday night during the season of Advent, the church will be open from 6:30pm to 8pm for you to either have a time of prayer in the sancutary or to prayer walk the church, praying for God to breakthrough with new possiblilities for our church.
On Wednesday evenings, running from September through April there are activities which may interest you. Some Wednesdays are skipped due to other activities. Calendar should be consulted if necessary.
5:15 – Light Supper in Fellowship Hall
5:30 – Praise Team
6:00 – Various classes from children to adult in designated locaitons.
6:30 – Handbell Choir
Youth & Kids
Embracing our responsibility to all of our children, our youth ministry uses fun activities to teach kids what it means to be a Christian, how to grow as a Christian, and how to witness for Christ to others.
Youth meets on Wednesday evenings following the light supper (5:15) and on Sunday evenings for grades 6-12. Sunday evening time is usually from 6 to 8.
There are numerous special events for youth which may meet at other times or days.
In a past Wednesday night class Pastor Andy lead the adult class through ‘Discovering your Spiritial Gifts’. We all have talents and gifts, some of us are aware of them, others are not.
There is always on opportunity to volunteer for the Food Pantry and get involved in an awesome ministry where the presence of God is very evident. Call Janet Mills, church administrator and Food Pantry coordinator at 847-2328.